Situated in the grounds of Wivenhoe Park, our campus accommodation is situated just a few minutes away from ESS’s academic and administrative buildings, so residents can, for example, easily use their rooms between lectures to prepare a meal or take a coffee break. All residences are equipped for self-catering and are provided with bed linen and hand towels. There is a linen change once a week but participants are responsible for their own cleaning of the flat, particularly the shared kitchen facilities. Computer network facilities are available in all accommodation.
Please note that, unfortunately:
– No double bedrooms are available, but couples can be provided with single study-bedrooms next to each other
– There is no suitable family accommodation available on campus
– It is not possible to obtain accommodation before the night of the Saturday before Session One
– It is not possible to make refunds in the case of early departure
– On changeover weekends it is not possible to check in before 2pm
– The University requires rooms to be vacated by 9.30 am on day of departure, however luggage can be stored at the Conference Reception
– Therefore, if your class does not finish until late and you wish to stay an extra night, this must be booked in advance or arranged while on campus
Essex campus en-suite rooms:
Price: £31.60 person, per night
All of our single study rooms are en-suite and furnished with a single bed, a desk and chair, bookshelves, a wardrobe, a bin and a lamp. And in addition we provide bedding and hand towels.
Kitchens are equipped with a cooker, refrigerator, freezer, microwave oven, kettle, iron, ironing board and storage units. And a selection of: crockery (plates, cups etc) cutlery (knives, forks, spoons) saucepans and frying pans other cooking utensils (tin opener, whisk etc) to enable you to self cater if you wish.
The en-suite rooms are in flats of 6 study-bedrooms with own shower and shared kitchen-common room per flat. The cost is £31.60 per night. These rooms are in the North Houses which is a very short distance away from all the main activity and generally quiet.
All of the accommodation booked through the ESS office are the university’s current student rooms and can be booked on the online application form at the same time as applying to attend a course.
Alternatively you may wish to book accommodation independently off campus – please note that the ESS office will not be able to assist with this, however you may find this website helpful: https://www.visitcolchester.com/places-to-stay/